Friday, June 1, 2007

suddenly summer

In the wink of an eye, summer is upon us. I am always amazed at the sudden change of seasons. And always caught off guard (you'd think that after years of the same experience, I would learn). But it is the usual scramble to try to keep up with the gardens and outdoor projects.
The woods are deep green, dense and lush. The forest floor dark enough that I must remember to bring my tripod to photograph ferns and wildflowers.
The lilacs are almost past, the rhododendrons in full glory. And in the moonlight (last night's full blue moon) the viburnums and bridal wreath spirea glow and the sweet smell of locust wafts in the sultry air.
This the season of artistic procrastination for me. With so many demands on my time, it is easy to get sidetracked. But I have obligations and deadlines, so work on sculptures will proceed.

No comments: